Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Severe Weather in Arkansas

Hey guys - I have to admit one of my major fears is Tornados.  I guess because the unknown can be scary!  We know there is a moderate chance of tornados and we take shelter, but what will the storms actually do?  The funnel cloud last night in WLR was the largest I've ever seen, but thankfully it didn't touch down.  Unfortunately for the folks in Vilonia it did and we have lost more lives with this vicious storm.  I pray that the storms coming this evening will just bring Thunderstorms and no more straight-line winds or tornados.  

REMEMBER:  Always take cover in the most interior part of your home on the lowest level, away from windows and other possible debris.  DO NOT try to drive over an area with running water, it can be very dangerous and even deadly.

http://emergency.cdc.gov/disasters/tornadoes/

Prayers to those families we have lost and to keep us safe in the upcoming storms!

No comments:

Post a Comment