Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Plans for 2012...

So we've started a new year...2012!!!  Did you make any resolutions?  Honestly, I was tired of making resolutions that never would stick, so this year I just made a more general resolution.  To be more concious of my overall health. 

What am I doing....well I'm trying to eat better and even though I'm still going to have a burger or ice cream every now and again I think portion control is key.  Everything in moderation :)  I've also started a exercise program....or boot camp.  Unfortunately, I am one of those people that cannot motivate to get a good workout done at home or at the gym.  I need others around me, pushing me to do more. 

We tend, has humans, to do better in a group setting and I have found this true for myself.  Don't get me wrong I am a very independant person who enjoys their "me" time probably because I'm an only child :)  But this boot camp thing really motivates me, but I'm also a very competitive person!

We all have family history of health problems and some of us have already started having problems of our own.  My wake up call was my daughter.  She just turned 2 and I want to be around to see her grow up and into hopefully and happy responsible adult.  We also had health screenings done at work for our health insurance and although I passed as low risk at this time, it brought to light some areas for concern which can be changed now with eating right and exercise. 

I wish you all the best in your endeavors for 2012 and don't forget that if you have a loved one with a health issue like Epilepsy, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Diabetic Neuropathy pain or MS - We have studies that could possibly help.  Of course there is no quarantee because it is research and everything is still investigational but I believe it is better to have HOPE.  Remember there are no quarantees in LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment